2011年12月26日星期一

Ping Driver g15 vs g10

  Ping designed its line of G10 and G15drivers with almost matching specifications in size (460 cc), shape and wall thickness of the club face. Both clubs are designed to promote accuracy and forgiveness, making them ideal for golfers of all skill sets. With all these similarities, you might think that the two clubs are identical, but there is one main difference between the two that makes the G15 slightly longer off the tee. That difference comes in the way the club heads are weighted.

  All the compares are done on the Ping Man. G15 is +6 yrds longer on center hits and an average of +10 yards longer on off center hits. G10 was a great driver, but G15 is looking to be much better. Some amazing stat's on mishits. G15 is really forgiving from reports. I just got mine today and will compare to my Rapture V2 and a G10 I had a year ago. The Rapture V2 is amazing and I've heard/read the G15 is comparable distance wise and maybe even more forgiving.

  Previously owned a G10 10.5* with TFC129D Regular and recently demoed a G15 10.5* with TFC149D Regular. Found the G15 to be longer off the tee and noticeably more forgiving. The TFC149D shaft, despite it's high torque rating (Reg = 5.8*), seemed to work quite well with the G15 head. Would have liked to try the lower torque (4.0*) Serrano shaft option, but one was not available. IMHO, the G15 is a worthy replacement for the G10. 

Ok. This is what I have
.
G15 9 with a Fubuki 63 stiff

G10 9 with a Whiteboard 63 stiff.

I only have one round with the G15 and I was swinging not so great but did manage to hit a couple nice drives.

Between these 2. For my 95 Mph swing. The G15 is longer. It is a improvement over the G10. A huge difference? Maybe. Depends how you define huge. I will say either one of these drivers I could play for the next couple years and be happy. It just seems that on mishits I ended up farther down the fairway than I thought, with the G15 that is. It seems to be sneaky long. But that could have more to do with the shafts. Launch is about the same, I think spin is a lower with the G15. I was getting some decent roll. 

没有评论:

发表评论