2013年9月5日星期四

Ping K15 Irons VS Ping i15 Irons

There is a fact that Ping engineers made the ping k15 irons club face larger and added 27 grams to the perimeter for a higher MOI.

The iron's extra-wide sole features a low and deep center of gravity to promote high trajectories and low spin. High launch angles allowed iron lofts to be strengthened without compromising control. A large internal weight pad in the hybrids produces a high MOI for added forgiveness. The hybrid's offset hosel and face relationship increases launch and lowers spin.

Described as a medium top line from Ping I tend to agree with them there, the iron provides a confident look at address with a top line that was not too wide, yet not overly narrow either so in that respect you'd have to call it medium, just as described by Ping. I don't typically work the flight of my ball one way or the other, usually for me a straight shot with the distance I expect is just what I look for.

I am a fan of the progressive iron set myself, I had an old set of Nike Pro Combo that originally started the trend and can say that I like it, but the thing I wasn't crazy about was the substantial difference in the look and feel of the longer irons compared to the shorter "blade" irons.

However, in the design of the i15 irons, Ping engineers focused on the better player who prefers an iron set that offers the control to play a variety of shots. Created as a progressive set, the longer irons are larger for more forgiveness and higher trajectories, while the mid and short irons transition slightly smaller to ensure more workability and control on approach shots.

The stainless steel iron features a tungsten toe insert to add forgiveness to the mid-size design. A stabilizing bar and new Custom Tuning Port (CTP) provides the feel and sound attributes preferred by better players.

With the i15 there really isn't much of a difference like that, to look at them you really don't notice but when it comes to hitting those tough to hit longer irons you really notice the difference and come to appreciate not being afraid of the long irons, while I don't think this spells death to the hybrid market I do think that a lot of better players who still like their 3, 4, and 5 irons will appreciate this.

Ping i15 is definitely a solid club in their current fleet of iron offerings, I don't think it will quite be the industry changer that the originalPing Eye and Ping Eye 2 were, but at this point in the game I don't see that type of innovation from anyone for that matter.

没有评论:

发表评论